Today in the shop... I got the ES-335 body of the shelve and got some work done on it. Got the hardware done all the cavity ready and started the back plate.
Today in the shop... In the past week I have done the glue up, thicknessing, bracing, and glued the backboard to the rim.
Today in the shop... I finish shaping the soundboard and glued it to the rim!
Adding kerf, tuning the soundboard, and glue up to the body.
Past few days have been busy.. added the blocks onto the rim, made the rosette and added the X braces and the strutting to the soundboard.
I will need to have a guitar on hand here to allow guitar players to play and try em'... So today in the shop... Working on the sides of a "Demo" OM acoustic guitar. The back and sides of this guitar is Myrtle with a flamed figure. While steam bending I got the sides of this Mandola done also.
Meet The Seabreeze and The Wildfire, the 2 newest addition to the family! Look under the "Inventory tab" for more details.
Today in the shop... I added the last of the lacquer coats needed. I will now allow 1 week for the lacquer to cure completely before I start polishing the Mandolins.
Today in the shop... After applying the coats today I took them out to air out a bit on this georgeous day here in Vancouver.
Today in the shop... After the first lacquer coat is dry it's time to clean up the binding. Here are a few shots during the process and how they look after. Now the lacquer build up can begin!